We didn’t start this week off frugally. Saturday night we went out for dinner, a rare occurrence for us. When we go out, we tend to not keep it cheap and instead enjoy the time out. But, we did do other things to save pennies.
- My husband and I both took our lunches to work. This is such a huge money saver. My husband makes himself a batch of chili every week for lunches at home and the office.
- It’s tax time. My husband prepared our taxes at home. Using the site is not free, but so much cheaper than using an accountant.
- I stocked up on naturally made soaps at a local farm. Four times per year the owner has an open house and sells the soap for CHEAP! She sends out a coupon to those who have signed up on her website, I also received an additional percentage off because I am a frequent buyer. Her soaps are wrapped in paper and twine. No plastic, no chemicals, no waste. I bought enough to get us through to her summer open house.
- I made homemade sour cream. Suprisingly simple to make and frugal.
- Meal planned for the week. Used a list at the grocery store and stuck to it.