Spring is finally sprung in the midwest. We had a really nice Easter and my birthday was also on Easter Sunday. My family spoiled me with a wonderful day and the greatest gift a mother of 3 could ask for. They were home with me all day and my husband took a portrait of them and had put on canvas and framed. It had been 10 years since we had a photo like that taken. Wow, kids change a lot in 10 years! Even with my birthday and Easter, we were able to stick to frugality.
- We had Easter brunch at home. I made quiche with the eggs from our backyard, served with kringle, bacon and fruit. We also had mimosas. My birthday dinner was also at home, shrimp kabobs, rice, asparagus and homemade chocolate cake.
- I still try to give my kids gifts for Easter. We keep it simple and give them things they need in addition to something for fun. This year we were able to give our son a 6 pack of beer. He’s 21, so totally legal.
- My daughter had prom. We did not pay for her to have her hair done. Instead, her sister came home form college and did a great job.
- I needed to purchase new tires for my car (not frugal, but totally necessary). We chose tires that include a $70 rebate.
- My husband and daughter went to the theatre to see the new Avengers movie. They used gift cards, saving us the cost of full price movie tickets.
What did you do to save pennies this week?