We tried to continue with frugal and earth friendly choices the first week of May.
- I bought a second hand halogen lamp from a friend for $15. She is moving soon and getting rid of stuff. We needed a lamp so it was a win-win.
- I did my monthly gas fill up on my car. With gas points from my grocery store, I saved 90 cents per gallon on a 20 gallon tank. Not too bad.
- On impulse a couple weeks ago, I bought a $60 moisturizer at Macy’s. I don’t do things like that and knew I had to return it because I didn’t need it. My husband on the other hand needed new shoes, desperately. So I returned the moisturizer and bought the shoes.
- More on shoes. My daughter needs sandals and as a size 11 foot, they are hard to come by. I ordered a pair for her and for me from Teva, received a 10% off code and got free shipping. Teva tend to be pricey, but quality shoes are worth every penny.
- We are phasing meat out of our diets. This was not a spur of the moment decision and not a decision based on health. As more news comes out about the consequences of meat consumption to the planet, we knew it was time for us to do our part. I have also been having a difficult time reconciling my love of animals with my diet that included meat. I did not buy any meat at the grocery store this week and the savings was noticeable.
Side note regarding our decision to phase meat out of our diet. I know this is a personal decision and I personally do not have issues with others eating meat. I will never be the person who lectures someone about it. I have been on the receiving end of a lecture about why I am wrong to enjoy a hamburger (I do enjoy hamburgers). So, I am not looking to debate the issue either way.
What did you do to save money this week?
Luna pondering life