It’s finally June, which means that it’s time to compile a Summer Reading List. Below is a list of books that I have already read that I highly recommend.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama – There is a very good reason why this book is well on it’s way to becoming the best selling autobiography of all time. I listened to her story on audiobook and highly recommend doing that way. Her voice telling her story is the way to go on this one.
- Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens – This is my favorite fiction of 2019.
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides – Another suspense book that falls into line with the “Gone Girl” genre. These books are starting to become really predictable, but not this one. The twist at the end was shocking.
- Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid – This is a fun book written like an interview about a rock band from the 70’s. It’s a quick read and can be very funny. This would be the perfect read on the beach.
- Run Away by Harlan Coben – I love anything written by Harlan Coben and anxiously await his latest book every year. This one is not a disappointment.
- Lights All Night Long by Lydia Fitzpatrick – I really enjoyed this debut novel. It’s a great coming of age story about a Russian foreign exchange student in Louisiana.
- The Last Romantics by Tara Conklin – A great story about 4 siblings are the effects of there tumultuous childhood.
- The Lightkeeper’s Daughter by Jean Pendziwol – I read this for bookclub. It’s a very easy read, but a great story that takes place in Canada. Everyone in bookclub really enjoyed this one.
- The Gown by Jennifer Robson – This books tells the story of the women who made Queen Elizabeth’s wedding dress, but it is so much more than that.
- My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing – I just started this one last night. But, already really invested. The couple in this one is a special kind of crazy. I am confident this one will not disappoint.
I have a list of books that I want to get through this summer as well
- My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante – I recently watched the series adapted from this novel. It was a great series, so now I need to read the book. I avoided this one because translations rarely give justice to the story. Now that I have seen the series, I am ready to give it a chance.
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro – This is my June bookclub book.
- The River by Peter Heller
- Lost Roses by Martha Hall Kelly
- Save Me The Plums by Ruth Reichel
- Wunderland by Jennifer Cody Epstein
- When We Left Cuba by Chanel Cleeton
- The Favorite Daughter by Kaira Sturdivant Rouda
What are some books that are on your summer reading list? I am always looking for new titles.