Another week has passed which means it’s time to review my list of ways we saved money.
- I did not buy alcohol for myself at the Paul McCartney concert. It was $12.25 for a 4 oz glass of terrible wine. I did buy my son a can of beer though.
- Now that summer is here, we have started to line dry our laundry outside. Nothing smells better than sheets that have been dried in the sun.
- This one is for my daughter. She went to Six Flags in Gurnee IL on Thursday with her boyfriend. He has a season pass and it was bring a friend for free day. Researching free days for museums and amusements parks is always the way to go.
- For the first summer in probably 18 years, I did not need to pay for a camp, a class or other summer entertainment for my kids. I have reached that stage in parenting where those things are no longer a part of our budget. It is actually shocking how much those experiences add up to when you tally them up every summer.
- My son is going to a wedding this summer and needs a pair of dress pants. The pair he has now are too big. Instead of buying a pair, my mother in law is doing alterations for free.
What did you do this week to save money?
This is not an economical glass of wine.