What did you do this week to stick to money saving and frugality? We had a couple major wins this week that only further my belief that sticking to a budget and saving money is the way to go.
- For my son’s 21st birthday, we bought him a computer. A few months ago, that computer started to have problems. He sent the computer back to the company, because it was under warranty for repairs. They don’t have the necessary part, so he is getting a better model than the original computer. Don’t forget about your warranties. I know that I do and probably throw money away without meaning to.
- I bought 2 heavy duty fans to help get us through the summer. I am determined not to rely solely on central air to keep cool this summer. I don’t have a problem using it. However, there are times when it is so hot that the responsible thing to do is to set the thermostat higher so that there isn’t such a strain on the power company.
- Our power was out for almost 24 hours. Does that count? 24 hours without using electricity has to add up to something, right?
- After the power outage, it was so tempting to go out for dinner. But, we popped a couple frozen pizzas in the oven and added a salad. We stayed in to watch a movie and considered ourselves lucky to have first world problems like lost power. It makes you reflect on your overwhelming privilege when you lose amenities that you are used to.
- Our electric bill arrived and it went down significantly from the bill we received in May. A full month of no heating or cooling made a huge difference.
What did you do this week to save money?
A much needed cocktail during a 24 hour period without power