I can’t believe it’s another Friday and time to go through a list of things we did to save some pennies this week. Let me start by saying we had an unexpected expense last Friday. I took my car in for maintenance only to find out that a pothole cracked an axel on my car. Ouch. It was not as expensive as I would have thought, so that was a win, I guess. I like to think it was avoidable, but with the winter we had, I am betting we are far from the only family to be dealing with car issues caused by potholes.
- My son and I went to see Toy Story 4. He is 21, but we needed to finish that series. I spent the better part of 3 years listening to Toy Story play in our VCR on a daily basis. To say that Buzz Lightyear was his hero would be an understatement. Anyway, we went before 12:00 pm on a Saturday, so tickets were $5.00.
- I scored 2 loaves of bread at a bakery for $2.00 per loaf. They are normally $8.00 per loaf.
- My daughter’s birthday was on Tuesday. The store gave me $20 off for her gift because it was for her birthday. That was totally unexpected.
- A friend gave me 3 absolutely gorgeous houseplants from her mother’s house, free of charge. She just wanted them to go to a home where they would be taken care of.
- I used up the last of my shampoo in a plastic bottle and started using a shampoo bar. Preliminary results are good. So far, I like it.
What did you do this week to save some money? Remember, being frugal doesn’t mean doing without. It means saving so that you can enjoy the things that really matter without worrying about money.
Our newest plant