School is back in session in a few short weeks. My college age kids tuition bills arrived and I paid the school fees for my high school senior. Those fees do not include the high cost of her being in show choir. September is going to require a little belt tightening to make up for the expensive August we are experiencing. Here is the rundown on what we did to save money this week.
- We went to the Bristol Renaissance Faire on Saturday. I had a $5 off per person coupon. I honestly never go to events like this without a coupon.
- I bought a beautiful print at the faire that needed a frame. Kohl’s strikes again and I found the perfect frame for pennies on the dollar.
- We had almost 0 food waste this week. That always means leftovers, but the savings is worth it.
- I made zucchini bread and froze it for quick and easy breakfasts. The zucchini, eggs and honey came from my backyard.
- We buy our toilet paper in bulk from Amazon once every 6 months. It comes individually packaged in paper, not plastic. By doing this we save in packaging and since it auto ships every 6 months we get a discount.
My Ren Faire find