I have compiled my list of books that I would like to read this winter. I came up with this list from a variety of sources including Goodreads, friend recommendations and my local newspaper book reviews.
- This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger – I received this book for Christmas and was told by the giver that it was her favorite book of 2019. That is a pretty strong endorsement. I can’t wait to get started.
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood – I loved the The Handmaid’s Tale and have avoided watching the tv show. Given today’s political climate, the tv show feels a little too real. But, The Testaments won best 2019 fiction on Goodreads, so I will put it on my to read list.
- The Call of the Wild by Jack Wolf by Jack London – This is the next book on my pile. I want to finish this in anticipation of the movie that will be released soon.
- The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell – I have been on the waiting list for this one for months. I can always depend on Lisa Jewell to write a great mystery and is also an easy read.
- The Institute by Stephen King – Another dependable author. I have read so many Stephen King books and know that I have not even scratched the surface of the great stories he has written.
That’s about it for planned reading. I like to keep my options open. Working in a library, I see so many great books come through circulation that I never knew existed.