We are expecting a pretty major snow storm this weekend. I heard the word blizzard used a couple times. I will believe it when I see it. The meteorologists seem to get a bit ahead of themselves and are so dramatic when snow is ready to fly. More times then not, an anticipated blizzard has turned into a drizzle of rain. But, we shall see and maybe we will have a cozy Saturday night at home.
We continued with our frugal ways this week.
- I continue to shop the freezer and pantry. I decided this week that I either need to do this more or I need to stock up less. My dad’s favorite words are stock up, so I am guessing that out of loyalty to him, I will continue to do things this way.
- For the items we did need at the grocery store, I used a giftcard that I received for Christmas. I do not need or want anymore stuff, so this seemed like a perfect compromise.
- I have been prescribed a new medication. With our insurance a 3 month supply cost me $3.00! I cannot believe it. My other prescription costs me $109 for a 3 month prescription. My ultimate goal will be to get off the prescription all together and save the $3.00 every 90 days.
- We were gifted a year supply of flea and tick preventative for our dog. Same brand and dosage we already use and has not expired. This is a huge overall savings for us.
- Recently my mom had to buy a new coffee table that she could move on her own. She gifted us her old one, which in all honesty was the one piece of furniture in her house that I wanted for myself. It is set aside until we buy a new couch (waiting out the puppy days). We are trying to use second hand as much as possible. But when we get the couch, it will be new. I have heard far too many stories of bed bugs in used couches and chairs.
What did you do this week to save some money?