Even with it being my daughter’s birthday this week and the week that we mail 2 college tuition checks, we were able to save some money along the way. Here is what we did.
- My church has rotations every few weeks to leave things for other to take. I found a nearly brand new North Face winter hat. It’s in perfect condition and was free. I looked up it’s value online and it sells for $32.
- I have the worst eczema, but only have a flare up every 5 or 6 years. I know exactly the steroid cream I need, but it requires a doctors prescription which requires a visit and a copay. My mom had an extra, unopened tube of the exact stuff my doctor prescribes. Another item for free.
- At Christmas we visited my husband’s aunt and she gave us a bag of stuff as we were leaving. He left it in the trunk and I forgot about it until Sunday. We found a couple boxes of dental chews for the dogs. Another expensive item given to us for free.
- I only needed to spend $14.40 on groceries this week. Most of that was for produce, butter and sugar.
- I was given a bag of rhubarb that a coworker still had in freezer from last spring. I can’t wait to make something delicious with it.