I can’t remember what kept me away from the computer on Friday to write my Frugal Friday post. Better late than ever, here is the round up.
- No spend January was a success! I kept to my goal of shopping the freezer and pantry first. Our grocery bill for the entire month was $299 for a family of 4 (5) on Sunday nights. I bought one item that was not a need, but had to have. Here it is:I justified this purchase by reminding myself that it will provide hours of fun. My only complaint is that The Art of the Deal is in the collage. I am not a fan of Donald Trump.
- I bought our bi annual box of toilet paper. I buy a box with 80 rolls twice a year. They are wrapped in paper, not plastic and it’s recycled paper. The cost is $80 if you do subscribe and save with Amazon.
- In addition to the bulk TP, I also buy almond milk in bulk. Also part of subscribe and save.
- I have a coworker who is collecting plastic bags for project a through her church. I have been able to give her produce bags, newspaper bags, cereal bags, etc. Not necessarily frugal on my end, but in the spirit of reduce, reuse, recycle.
- I was able to group all of my errands into one day, Friday. Doing this allows me to fill my gas tank once per month. That is not to say I don’t go anywhere. We use my husband’s Yaris for long trips and driving more around the city. He has a 10 gallon tank in his car that gets about 25-30 MPG. You just can’t beat that.