Ughhh! I had to give in this week and buy shoes with solid arch support. Guess what? Those do not fall into the frugal category. I spend a lot of my working hours on my feet. As a result, my feet, knees, back and hips are very unhappy. But me feet are the angriest. I have plantar fasciitis in not one, but both feet. Ouch. A simple internet search led me to the best shoes for such a condition and let me tell you, the resulting shoes are not attractive. I shall feel frumpy at work.
It was a pretty quiet week at home. I am happy it is Friday, a relaxing weekend is just what I need. Here are a few things we did this week to stay frugal.
- My daughter’s backpack broke (at least the zipper did). Instead of buying a new one, I found a freebie I received from the Sierra Club and gave that to her. It works just fine, but it was clearly designed with hiking in mind.
- Our utility bill went down $50! Not sure what the cause was, but I like it.
- We went out for dinner 0 times in the month of January. As it is, we don’t eat dinner out a lot, but to not go out at all was an accomplishment.
- My daughter, who works at Starbucks, brought home a bunch of sandwiches that were about to expire. We have several days worth of lunches.
- My coworkers have started a puzzle exchange. I received my first borrowed puzzle. This is such a great idea, save on resources and money. It’s also free time spent with family working on it.
That’s about it. What did you do this week to save?