Lots of frugal finds this week that had me saving dollars.
- Penzey’s Spices had a deal that you got free hot cocoa with a $5 purchase. We needed a few things, so I took advantage of the deal. Plus, Bill Penzey hates Trump as much as I do. So, I am more than happy to spend my hard earned money at his store.
- We actually took advantage of grand opening deals and prizes at a local, newly opened, gas station. Free pizza and donuts were our prizes. Sure, not a lot, but the pizza made for a nice lunch on Saturday.
- My daughter bought new tires in November. She recently ran over something metal that required a new tire. The manager at Tires Plus was amazing. Instead of charging her $125 for a new tire, he offered her the road damage warranty for tires she bought in November, retroactively, for $75 instead. He did not have to do that, but it was smart business. We are going to give Tires Plus as much business as we can in the future.
- In March we will be spending the night at a hotel out of town. We needed 3 rooms for all of us. I prepaid them saving $60.
- I recently remembered that I have an Aveda Pure Privilege card. I don’t buy a lot of Aveda because of the packaging, but I figured it was worth my while to check out how many points I have. I had enough points to redeem for my favorite, way too expensive tea. Score!
What other great ideas are out there to save money?