Happy Friday friends! I woke up at 5:45 this morning to a relatively sunny sky and the birds were chirping. Summer is coming! Our heat is turned off and the windows will be wide open today. I LOVE this time of year.
We had some frugal wins this week.
- When my daughter started middle school, I put $25 in her hot lunch account, in case of an emergency. Monday morning, I woke up to find a $25 deposit into our checking account for money never used. She did in fact use some of her money. But it appears that her brother who graduated in 2016 and sister in 2017 did not use all of theirs. So, after everyone graduated we got our money back. I know, $25 isn’t much, and it was forgotten. But, it was a nice extra surprise. Proof that my kids really did not like hot lunch.
- I used reward points this month to apply to credit card payments. Those rewards were over $100.
- I perfected my bread recipe and made jam. My daughter made a grilled goat cheese and rhubarb jam sandwich. She told me it was the best sandwich she has ever had.
- We will be staying home now, more than ever. The great state of Wisconsin lifted the safer at home measure with absolutely no guidelines. So the drunks, who put Wisconsin on the map, flooded the bars on Wednesday. Those of us who followed the rules, will now have to start this entire thing over. Yes, editorial comment mixed in with the knowledge that hey, now we can save more money.
- We got word that my senior won another scholarship for her fall semester. We won’t know the total until the scholarship ceremony. Every cent counts.
What did you do to save this week?
1 thought on “Frugal Friday”
Any saving is a great surprise isn’t it, congratulations to the senior for the scholarship. I saved us a bit this week by making our own curtain rods from found timber on our property, for the loungeroom, I did a little blog about it. Have a frugal fun weekend. Stay safe & well.