It’s been a while, that doesn’t mean I fell of the frugal wagon. Just super busy, even with nothing being open. My youngest is in the dorms at her college. It was such a bittersweet day. She had been waiting so long to go to college and it isn’t the experience her siblings had. I should be grateful that as a rule follower she won’t go to parties and will leave her mask on. BUT, I sure loved those college parties. I hope that she will be able to do that next year. Otherwise, fall is in the air. My autumn candles are out and on Sunday, the autumn decor will come out as well. On to savings:
- I know I have mentioned that I enter every single social media contest I can, for free stuff. I won again a few weeks ago. A $53 gift certificate to Milwaukee Pretzel Company. To say their pretzels are sublime would be an understatement. I am planning an Oktoberfest feast with the family, the pretzels will be the masterpiece.
- I have been canning and freezing as much as I can from the garden and CSA. I counted the jars yesterday. 134 jars of salsa, pasta sauce, tomatoes, relishes, jams, pizza sauce, pickles and fruits preserved. The freezer is packed solid with corn, peppers, carrots and peas. I probably sound crazy, but I am not confident in our food supply right now. Especially if Trumpkin wins again.
- My sister in law works at the farm that we get our CSA from. We did a little trade last weekend. We got a box full of red peppers and box full of corn on the cob.
- I used a coupon from Walgreens for 60% off a canvas print. I had a picture of my kids and parents developed on canvas and framed. I will treasure it always.
- We paid the final college tuition payment for our oldest. I am very proud to say that he will graduate in December, debt free. With the help of a 529 plan, generous grandparents and his consistent contribution every semester, he did it.
What did you do recently to save some pennies?