Happy Valentine’s weekend! I love Valentine’s Day. I am not sure why, I think my love of hearts and the colors of the holiday have a lot to do with it. We are in the midst of a cold snap that is beginning to feel like it will never end. We haven’t seen double digit temperatures in at least a week. I am a firm believer in climate change, but when it gets this cold, I have to remind myself that extreme cold is also a sign of a warming planet.
We had a pretty frugal week. Here is the rundown of our savings.
- My car battery is giving me a lot of trouble, which is no surprise given the cold. I almost bought a new battery, but the sales guy at Auto Zone suggested a battery charger first for $100 less. He told me that if it doesn’t work, I can get a refund. Well, it worked.
- I made a huge batch of lavender soap. It smells wonderful.
- I also made beeswax and soy candles, using essential oils for fragrance.
- Last Sunday I made a roasting chicken and with it I made chicken stroganoff, chicken soup (that provided 3 meals) and chicken broth.
- I spent today cleaning out closets and getting rid of stuff we don’t need. I cannot believe how much crap we accumulate. We need to be better about throwing stuff out that we no longer need.
What did you do this week to save money?