I missed last week’s Frugal Friday because I was pretty hard pressed to come up with anything since I haven’t actually gone anywhere. But this week, I had some wins.
- Our auto insurance company lowered our premium by 25% for April. That is actually a really nice savings for us, given we have 4 people on our policy, one being a teenager.
- I taught myself how to make a sourdough starter. I am going to make a loaf of bread today, wish me luck.
- I used the rinds and other bits to attempt to make pineapple vinegar. I was bored and wanted to try something new. I am actually not sure what I will do with the final product.
- I am almost out of actual books from the library, so I have decided to take advantage of the free trial for Kindle Unlimited. The free trial is 30 days, I am hopeful I will only need it for that long.
- I have been using Zoom, a lot, to keep in contact with friends and family. In fact last night was the first meeting of a virtual book club that I started in response to our state’s safer at home order. It was two hours of laughter and wine drinking. We meet again in three weeks. I can’t wait. Zoom is free to use.
What you have been doing these past several weeks to save money, while being at home?