Ugh, we are hemorrhaging money this week. Between college tuitions, medical bills and the general day to day expenses of living, things feel tight. We did have a few wins though that helped.
- I have a friend who is in marketing. She asked me to do a phone interview regarding COVID. Super simple and I scored an Amazon gift card.
- I used the gift card to buy a Brita water filtration pitcher. By doing this, I can cancel our water cooler. We are currently paying $125/month for drinking water. I have had enough of that.
- I took my daughter and son off of our auto insurance, effective 8/15. Our auto insurance didn’t go down much, but our Umbrella policy was cut in half!
- We needed new smoke detectors. My husband used the birthday coupons he received from our local hardware store to offset the cost. Two detectors for $8/each.
- I canceled the print edition of our local newspaper. We rarely ever read it. Waste of money. Waste of resources.
What did you do this week to save some money?