It’s that time again. I need to go over our frugal finds for the week.
- My daughter is in college to be an early elementary teacher. I found a great deal in the library book sale room. I found a dvd set of 100 scholastic storybook classics for $5.00. I found several on sale online that sell for between $40 and $60. I am hoping to help her build up her classroom with finds like these.
- Speaking of the book sale room, I found two, brand new bestseller hardcovers for .50 each. I bought them for a Christmas gift for next year. I am pretty sure that neither book was ever cracked open and I have someone on my list that loves the genre of book I purchased. If your library has a book sale room, visit it often. A lot of really good stuff is donated to those sales.
- Eric found a gorgeous glass bird feeder at Goodwill for $8. It came with the artist information and has proved to be a good buy.
- I got a haircut with a $25 off coupon. Haircut came to $23 with tip.
- By shopping at Aldi, our grocery bill was $73 for a week’s worth of food for 4 people. I am able to do this by avoiding meat (for the most part), writing up a meal plan and sticking to it and avoiding processed foods (again, for the most part).
What did you do this week to save money?